23 February, 2010

Simple Bag Drying

 

-Wash plastic bags as you do dishes or...
-Open them up widely in the top rack of your dishwasher and press start. ;)
-Hang to dry on a mug rack!
-Store, and reuse, again and again!




In Guinea last year, the missionary family we were with washed their bags out each night in dishtubs outside and hung them to dry on little metal wands attached to the side of their house. Inspired, I decided to commit to washing out ours as well. I was frustrated with them not drying well though in our little rack in the sink. Then, we tried this little mug rack - voila! Works just dandy. Nice for drying bibs out, too. I just leave on the shelf above our washer, so it's not a big deal if they drip a lot.


Hope this helps somebody out there...:)
Check out Tammy's Recipes for great kitchen tips on Tuesdays!

5 comments:

Harper said...

I wash out my bags too. I dry them inside out, and when I store them, I put a little piece of paper towel in the bag (turned right side out, now) to get any extra moisture.

Anna said...

If I don't have a lot of them (which I usually don't) I just "hang" them over wooden spoons or other utensils like that to dry. I also turn mine inside out to wash....that way the inside is dry wen you need to use it again.

Jonathan, Angela said...

Thanks for the feedback and tips!:)

Kristin said...

I have to say, this made me chuckle and little bit because it's something my mom has done for as long as I can remember. I have since gone back and forth on whether it was worth the effort or just silly. I've never met anyone else who washes and reuses plastic bags!

Jonathan, Angela said...

I used to go back and forth on it too, Kristin! How funny - glad you got a chuckle out of it. I think your Mom was on to something...:)